Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Changing my mind mid knit

I started a soaker or maybe shorties for Miss A but the more I knit with it the more I decided I wanted it to be a skirt. I really love that my pattern is accommodating of me changing my mind without having to pull it apart. So the forget me knits soaker is now a lovely skirt, I've got a few more rows to go and then a crochet bind off and crab stitch edge. It looks like I'll have enough yarn leftover to do the cuffs on a pair of capri's to go underneath. That of course will require a trip to spotlight for the yarn for the carpri's I only have 100grams here. I'll have to come back with photo's later.

I'm having a little trouble getting the size right for a gnome on the camo cabled longies and have pulled it out several times. I'll get there eventually though.

Jade monkey longies have been pulled at the legs a couple of times too, I didn't like the colour pooling so changed the stitch number for the legs and now I have some striping instead. It's more bearable but will mean I will change the embellishment I was planning on putting on them. They may end up waiting for August stocking instead.

I'm dying to get those 2 done though so I can start on my recent dye job and earth mother from the yarn cafe. I have some lovely fairy embellishments for both of those.

Woolly mail arrived today too and it was my wholesale order of woolganic, so I now have the right colours for the organic striped boy longies I'm doing for the store too. They will also have either a gnome or a leprechaun on them.

It's school holidays next week and I had really hoped I'd have more finished before my time gets limited again for a few weeks. I hope to have my stocking at the end of the holidays though.

No comments: